Chicken and Broccoli Casserole with Mushroom Soup
- Yield 6 servings
This variation of Chicken Divan will be a popular family request.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli spreas, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups packaged cornbread stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a 3-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in dish. Top with broccoli spears (place broccoli spears in dish so the stems will be in the middle with florets on the side of the casserole).
- In a small bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk and cheese. Spoon evenly over broccoli layer. Top with cornbread stuffing to cover completely. Bake, uncovered, 50 to 60 minutes, or until chicken is done and the casserole is bubbly.