Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/4pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2cups salsa, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 red of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped, optional
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 1bunch green onions, chopped
- 12 (6-8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Slice chicken into cubes and set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove back and pat any excess grease with paper towel. Dispose of excess grease in skillet.
- Coat the same skillet with nonstick cooking spray and sauté chicken and garlic until chicken is almost done, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, the beans, bell pepper, cumin, salt and pepper. Simmer ingredients 5 minutes, or until thickened, making sure to stir. Chicken should be cooked through completely. Stir in green onions and bacon.
- Spoon mixture into 12 tortillas. Garnish with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in a baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Garnish enchiladas with remaining salsa and cheese.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is bubbly, usually around 15 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 455
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 73mg
- Sodium 1326mg
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 40g