Chicken and Beef Sish Kabobs
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Marinating the chicken and beef in the orange and wine marinade overnight makes this dish extra-special.
- Orange and Wine Marinade:
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Shish Kabobs:
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 pounds sirloin tip, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- Orange and Wine Marinade (recipe follows)
- To prepare the marinade: Mix together wine, soy sauce, orange juice, thyme, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and garlic in a bowl.
- To prepare the shish kabobs: Place chicken, meat, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onion in a large bowl and pour Orange and Wine Marinade over them. Refrigerate overnight.
- Assemble meat and vegetables on metal skewers, without crowding pieces together, and grill on a hot grill 5 to 10 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with remaining marinade while grilling.