Chicken and Mushrooms with Sausage
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1tablespoon oil
- 1 3/4pounds package chicken tenders, sliced thin
- 3tablespoons Bayou Cajun spice
- 1large package mushrooms (10 ounces) sliced such as white button, portobello or shiitake
- 1/2cup white wine
- 1package sweet Italian sausages, 6 links or 1 pound (casings removed.)
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1-- (7-ounce) jar red roasted peppers, drained and sliced thin
- 1cup chicken broth
- 1small onion, diced
- 2tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup Parmesan cheese
- 16ounces penne or rigatoni pasta
- Toss chicken tenders with the Bayou Cajun spice; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Add chicken tenders, and cook until no longer pink inside (5 to 6 minutes). Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. When almost browned, add wine and reduce to half. Set aside.
- In same skillet, saute chopped onions in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, set aside.
- Remove the sausage from the casings. In same skillet, cook sauce in the oil, breaking apart, until browned. Add mushrooms, chicken tenders, broth, heavy cream, parsley, onions, red roasted peppers, garlic powder, and cheese; mix well.
Cook pasta to package directions. Divide pasta among 6 large bowls and ladle mushroom mixture over pasta.