Chicken and Mushrooms with Sausage
- Yield 6 servings
Chicken tenders are sauteed and tossed with mushrooms, onions and sausage, then served over penne or rigatoni pasta.
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 3/4 pounds package chicken tenders, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons Bayou Cajun spice
- 1 large package mushrooms (10 ounces) sliced such as white button, portobello or shiitake
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 package sweet Italian sausages, 6 links or 1 pound (casings removed.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 -- (7-ounce) jar red roasted peppers, drained and sliced thin
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces penne or rigatoni pasta
- Toss chicken tenders with the Bayou Cajun spice; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. Add chicken tenders, and cook until no longer pink inside (5 to 6 minutes). Remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, cook sliced mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. When almost browned, add wine and reduce to half. Set aside.
- In same skillet, saute chopped onions in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, set aside.
- Remove the sausage from the casings. In same skillet, cook sauce in the oil, breaking apart, until browned. Add mushrooms, chicken tenders, broth, heavy cream, parsley, onions, red roasted peppers, garlic powder, and cheese; mix well.
Cook pasta to package directions. Divide pasta among 6 large bowls and ladle mushroom mixture over pasta.