- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 4-5pounds chicken thighs, drumsticks or both
- 1/2cup white vinegar
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 5cloves garlic
- 1teaspoon peppercorns
- 3leaves bay leaves
- Brown the chicken in a pan (using vegetable oil or whatever type of oil you prefer.)
- Remove chicken and combine all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened and chicken is tender & fully cooked.
- Cooking times vary with cuts of chicken used. You can also put it in a crock-pot.
- Serve with steamed rice. Options include making it with pork, chicken & pork; adding potatos, carrots & onions.