Chicken with Walnuts and Honey-Lime Peaches
- Yield 4 servings
A paste made from honey, lime, and loads of spices coats these chicken breasts that are baked to perfection and topped with walnuts and peaches.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- -- Zest from 2 limes
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 1 -- jalapeno, seeded and quartered
- 1 -- garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 -- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 -- peaches, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium size bowl combine the honey, lime juice and lime zest. Stir well. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and place into a blender or food processor along with the red onion, jalapeno, garlic clove, salt, granulated onion, black pepper, thyme, paprika, pumkin pie spice and walnut oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside remaining honey-lime mixture.
- Coat both sides of all chicken breasts with the paste mixture.Place chicken in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done (juices run clear). Remove cooked chicken breasts and place on a platter.
- Add chopped walnuts and diced peaches to the reserved honey-lime mixture. Toss well and serve over cooked chicken breast.