Chicken with Walnuts and Honey-Lime Peaches
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3cup honey
- 1/3cup fresh lime juice
- -- Zest from 2 limes
- 1medium red onion, quartered
- 1-- jalapeno, seeded and quartered
- 1-- garlic clove, peeled
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2teaspoons paprika
- 1/2teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2tablespoons walnut oil
- 4-- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4cup walnuts, chopped
- 2-- peaches, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium size bowl combine the honey, lime juice and lime zest. Stir well. Remove 1/4 cup of the mixture and place into a blender or food processor along with the red onion, jalapeno, garlic clove, salt, granulated onion, black pepper, thyme, paprika, pumkin pie spice and walnut oil. Blend until smooth. Set aside remaining honey-lime mixture.
- Coat both sides of all chicken breasts with the paste mixture.Place chicken in a greased 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done (juices run clear). Remove cooked chicken breasts and place on a platter.
- Add chopped walnuts and diced peaches to the reserved honey-lime mixture. Toss well and serve over cooked chicken breast.