Chewy Ranger Cookies
- Yield 3 dozens
- Prep 30 minutes
- Cook 12 minutes
Crunchy, chewy, raisin, walnut, oatmeal cookie that everyone asks for at their birthdays and holidays
- 1 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt margarine and brown sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Mix granulated sugar, flour, rolled oats, salt, soda, baking powder; stir until well mixed. Add raisins and walnuts; mix well.
- Beat eggs and add to flour mixture; mix well.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Drop onto cookie sheet by the teaspoonful
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.