Chewy Pecan Bars
- Yield 4
These easy-to-make bars taste like a buttery rich pecan pie!
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg. Mix thoroughly until dough becomes stiff. Evenly distribute mixture in the bottom of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Whisk 2 eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, egg white, and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl. Stir in pecans.
- Pour evenly over baked crust and bake an additional 20 minutes until filling is set.