Oatmeal Raisin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Yield 18 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 10 mins
Vanilla ice cream or yogurt is sandwiched between two hearty, raisin-filled oatmeal cookies.
- 1/4 cup heart healthy vegetable spread, softened
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups California raisins
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup California raisins
- 1 1/2 quarts light vanilla ice cream or fat-free frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure flour, cinnamon, salt, soda, ginger and cloves into large mixing bowl; mix well and set aside. Combine 3/4 cup raisins and hot water in food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add spread, eggs and brown sugar; process until light. Turn into flour mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and remaining raisins just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup ice cream onto each of 9 cookies and top with remaining cookies. Wrap individual sandwiches in plastic wrap and store in the freezer.