Chewy Flourless Chocolate Cookies
- Yield 15 pieces
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 16 mins
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa (made with alkali)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add egg whites, stirring with a spoon until mixture forms a dough. (Mixture should be thick enough to form into balls; if not add more powdered sugar and cocoa). Add nuts; mix well.
- Form dough into 15 balls. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 16 to 19 minutes, until glossy and crackled. Remove from parchment paper and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Tamar Haspel.