Chewy Energy Circles
- Yield 24 pieces
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 12 mins
A nutty, oaty cross between a muffin and a granola bar.
These little circles are a great alternative to expensive energy bars. Kids can help make them by rolling up their sleeves and mixing the ingredients by hand or a big spoon.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup soy protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Spray 24 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, protein powder and salt in a large bowl. Add oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and raisins. Mix with hands.
- Pour yogurt into a small bowl. Whisk in oil. Add to dry ingredients and mix with hands or a spoon.
- Spoon tablespoons of batter into each muffin cup and pat into place.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until brown around the edges. Transfer to rack and cool at least 10 minutes.
Recipe by Mollie Katzen, www/molliekatzen.com.