Chewy Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield: 5 dozen
- 1cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1cup sugar
- 1/2cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2cups quick-cooking oats
- 2cups extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 3-- eggs
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3cups chocolate chips
- Beat the brown sugar and butter in a mixer bowl until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the oats, peanut butter, eggs, baking soda, corn syrup, vanilla and salt and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a buttered cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for exactly 13 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on the cookie sheet on a wire rack. Remove to an airtight container.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).