Chewy Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 5 dozen
These cookies are good enough to give away as a gift.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 3 -- eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- Beat the brown sugar and butter in a mixer bowl until creamy, scraping the bowl occasionally. Add the oats, peanut butter, eggs, baking soda, corn syrup, vanilla and salt and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto a buttered cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for exactly 13 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on the cookie sheet on a wire rack. Remove to an airtight container.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).