Chewy Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- Yield: 40 pieces
- 8ounces chopped pecans
- 2 3/4cups powdered sugar
- 1/2cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 3-- egg whites
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place sugar, cocoa and salt in a mixer bowl and stir together.
- Beat in egg whites, one at a time, scraping bowl.
- Beat in vanilla and continue beating at high speed for 1 minute.
- Stir in pecans. Batter should be very stiff.
- Cool batter in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with non-stick aluminum foil, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before removing them from foil.
- Makes about 40 cookies.