Chewy Caramel Brownies
- Yield: 4
- 9ounces caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14-ounce) can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (18 1/4-ounce) box light devil's food cake mix
- 1/2cup (1 stick) margarine, melted
- 1/2cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In top of a double boiler or in microwave, melt caramels with 1/3 cup milk. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, margarine and remaining milk. Beat at high speed with a mixer until very well combined.
- Spread half of the dough into bottom of baking pan. Bake 6 minutes, then sprinkle chocolate chips over partially baked dough. Spread caramel mixture over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining dough on top. Return to oven and continue baking 15 minutes, or until sides pull away from pan. Do not overcook. Let cool in pan on a rack and cut into squares.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 116
- Fat 2.9g
- Saturated Fat 1.4g
- Cholesterol 2mg
- Sodium 127mg