Chestnut Penne with Mushrooms
- Yield 4 servings
Roast some extra chestnuts and you’ll be set to make these pasta classic.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup chopped roasted and peeled chestnuts*
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water about 8 minutes until tender but still al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute 4 minutes until lightly browned. Add chestnuts and cooked pasta. Combine well and continue to saute 1 minute. Remove from heat and add parsley, parmesan, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.