Chess Pie from Mississippi
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Chess pie - so easy, so delicious.
- 3 eggs
- 5 1/3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- Cream the eggs and margarine in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, cornmeal, vinegar, vanilla and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mississippi University for Women Alumnae Association, Southern Grace, Recipes and Remembrances from The W (Mississippi University for Women Alumnae Association, 2004)