Chesapeake Bay Seafood Gazpacho
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
Try this new twist on gazpacho.
- 1/2 pound regular crab meat, shell and cartilage removed
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled and cooked
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion (to taste), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 quarts canned tomato juice, chilled
- 3 -- hard boiled eggs
- 3 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- -- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Pick crab meat and put in a large bowl. Add cooked shrimp. Add tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and parsley. Pour in the tomato juice and chill soup base while preparing the seasonings.
- Separate hard boiled egg yolks from whites, saving the whites. Put yolks in blender; add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Stir the blended seasonings into the soup and correct the seasoning. Serve very cold; garnish with chopped egg whites.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Annapolis’ Of Tide Thyme(the Junior League of Annapolis, Maryland, 1995).