Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Green Olive Tapenade
- Yield 20 servings
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- Cut the top off each cherry tomato and, using a melon baller or a sharp knife, carefully scoop out the seeds and pulp. Place each tomato shell upside down on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, place the olives, capers, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Divide the tapenade among each tomato cavity, sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest, and serve right away or place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors mingle.
–From the cookbook Color Me Vegan by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau, used with permission of the publisher