- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 1/4cups frozen or canned pitted pie cherries
- 3/4cup sugar
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Drain thawed raspberries and cherries and reserve liquid. Add enough cherry juice to raspberry juice to make 1 cup (Not quite enough…add water).
- Blend sugar & cornstarch in saucepan; stir in cherry/raspberry juice until smooth. Add cherries and cinnamon
- Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Stir in raspberries and vanilla.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Add hot filling. Adjust top crust, cutting slits for steam to escape; seal.
- Brush crust lightly with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges of crust with foil. Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) 35-40 minutes or until golden. Remove foil for last 10 minutes of baking.
- Cool on rack. Great warm and served with vanilla ice cream.