- Yield 4 to 6 servings
A delicious, reduced-fat cherry crisp.
- 1 (16-ounce) can tart cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeat
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix cherries, 1/4 cup sugar and tapioca; let stand 15 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; then stir in oatmeal. Cut in margarine until mixture is fine and crumbly.
- Place cherry mixture in a pie plate and sprinkle with oatmeat mixture. Bake 25 minutes, until browned.