Cherry Chocolate Cookies
- Yield: servings
- 1/2cup Real California butter, softened
- 1/2cup Real California sour cream
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- 3/4cup packed brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup dried cherries
- 3/4cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2cup sliced almonds, toasted, cooled and crushed
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sour cream and sugars to blend thoroughly. Beat in egg.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; mix into butter mixture to blend thoroughly. Mix in the cherries, chocolate chips and almonds to distribute evenly.
- Drop tablespoons of dough, spaced 2 inches apart, onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on pans 10 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board