Cherry Chocolate Cobbler
- Yield 1 servings
- 4 cups Frozen Cherries thawed
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter melted (1 stick)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine chrrries and 1 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, cherries release their juices, and liquid thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
3. Pour melted butter into a 2 quart baking dish.
4. Combine remaining sugar, flour, salt, cocoa & nuts. Stir in milk until well combined. Do not over beat. Pour over butter. Do not stir. Spoon cherries & juice over batter. Do not stir.
5. Bake 35 minutes or until crust rises to the top & browns