Cherry Almond Couscous
- Yield 6 servings
If fruits were jewels, then cherries would be the crown jewel of the produce world.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange or apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted cherry halves
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, bring the water and juice to a boil. Add couscous and stir into the liquid. Turn off the heat, add the oil, cherries, almonds, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover tightly and let sit on the burner 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, stir to fluff the couscous. Stir in the parsley. Serve warm or chilled the following day.