Cherries Jubilee with Frozen Yogurt
- Yield 6 servings
Even the name of this super low-fat dessert sounds festive.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (16-ounce) can pitted red tart cherries in water
- 1/3 cup almond liqueur
- Low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a large shallow skillet, combine orange juice, sugar, orange rind and cornstarch. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup cherry liquid, and add liquid to skillet; set aside. Heat mixture over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and stir in cherries.
- Heat liqueur in a small dish in the microwave and add to the corner of the skillet. Ignite carefully with a long match. Stir gently until flame dies out. Serve immediately over frozen vanilla yogurt.