Chef’s Salad Italiano
- Yield 4 servings
Mushrooms, turkey and provolone cheese are tossed with romaine lettuce in this delicious salad.
- 8 cups romaine lettuce in bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound white button mushrooms, sliced thick (about 6 cups)
- 8 ounces sliced smoked turkey, cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese, cut in strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium tomato, cut in 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion rings
- 1/2 cup bottled creamy roasted garlic or Caesar salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, place lettuce, mushrooms, turkey, cheese, tomato and red onion. Add dressing; toss well. Serve as a main dish, garnished with capers or anchovies, if desired.