Cheesy Shrimp-Rice Casserole
- Yield 6 servings
An incredibly quick shrimp and rice dish with the hint of cheese and salsa.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 (8-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup evaporated skimmed milk
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chiles, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion, garlic, pepper, shrimp and mushrooms over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add Cheddar, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, evaporated milk, green onions and green chiles. Stir in rice and cook until cheese is melted and well combined, about 10 minutes.