Cheesy Meat and Potatoes Tacos
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1pound Yukon gold potatoes
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 7ounces cooked Italian sausage, sliced int rounds
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1ounce grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
1. Toast tortillas lightly on each side under the broiler, then wrap in foil to keep warm while you make the filling.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender. Drain.
3. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion, Italian sausage and salt. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft and sausage is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Add potatoes (and oil if needed) and cook about 3 minutes. Add water and continue to cook, scraping up any browned bits, about 1 minute.
5. Stir in 1 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese.
6. Serve in tortillas topped with more grated cheese, sour cream and lime wedges.