Cheesy Potato Skins with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Yield: 16 servings
Fontina and mozzarella stand in for Cheddar, and sun-dried tomatoes and parsley add a fresh touch.
- 4medium russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4cup fat free sour cream
- 2ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4cup sliced green onion tops
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes, or until tender. Let cool. Cut each potato in half. With a spoon, scoop out pulp leaving 1/4-inch of potato in each half. Cut each half in half again to form quarters. Season with salt and pepper. Bake potato quarters 15 minutes. (This will crisp them up so that they can be picked up easily.)
- Mash 1 cup potato pulp with a potato masher (save remaining pulp for a later use). Stir in the sour cream, cheeses, tomatoes, green onions and parsley. Mixture will be sticky and hold together. With your hands, divide the mixture evenly among the potato skins, pressing the mixture into the skins. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and bake 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 114
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 333mg
- Potassium 244mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 4g