Cheesy Pizza Fondue
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2tablespoons toasted breadcrumbs
- 1/4cup milk
- 1-- (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2slices pepperoni, finely chopped (optional)
- 2ounces (1/2 cup) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2-- whole-wheat pita breads (each cut in 6 triangles), warm
- Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a small bowl until fully moistened; set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and pepperoni (if using) in a small saucepan and heat to simmering.
- Stir in breadcrumb-milk mixture and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese(s) until melted. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with warm pita triangles for dipping.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 110
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 520mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 5g