Cheesy Chicken and Black Bean Soup
- Yield servings
Black beans, corn, chiles and salsa make this cheesy chicken soup a winner.
- 1/2 -- rotisserie chicken (picked off bones)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1 large carton Swanson chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can black beans drained
- 3/4 can corn drained
- 1 can green chiles drained
- 1 -- jar chunky salsa medium
- 1 package Velveeta cheese
- 1 packet Lipton vegetable soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- -- Blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- In large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook red pepper and onion until soft.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, black beans, corn, green chiles, salsa, soup mix, chicken seasoning, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Then add rice. Reduce heat to medium heat and continue cooking while stirring until rice is tender. Then add package of Velveeta cheese and stir until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with chopped scallions and crushed corn tortilla chips.