Cheesy Corn Muffins
- Yield 1 1/2
Savory, cheesy, low-fat muffins perfect for serving with soup and salad.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Coat 18 standard muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute the onion in a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray over low heat until tender but not browned, about 8 minutes. Combine the onion with the corn, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, oil, egg whites and sugar. Add the cornmeal mix and blend well.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the muffins from the tins and cool on a wire rack.