Cheesy Chicken Aspargus Casserole
- Yield servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 -- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 large boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 -- chicken bouillon cube
- 1 small or 1/2 large bell pepper
- -- (I like yellow in this recipe)
- 2 -- 3 basil leaves cut into small pieces
- 2 cups asparagus cut into 2" pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon cayanne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 -- fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups instant cooking rice
- 1/2 -- bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter
Preheat oven to 350
In large skillet over medium heat saute onion, garlic & chicken for 3-4 minutes. Add bell pepper, asparagus, cayanne pepper, salt & pepper – cook additional 3-4 minutes. Slowly pour chicken stock over mixture, add bouillon cube and rice. Reduce heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. Add cheeses, sour cream & basil, stir throughly.
Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray – spead misture evenly. Top with bread crumbs. Dot top with butter and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
*This recipe works well with broccoli, just omit the asparagus and replace with 2 cups of broccoli flowerets.
Kids love this!