Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 10ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2cup medium-hot salsa
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2cups low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine beans, spinach, salsa, chilies, garlic, Cheddar cheese and artichoke hearts in a 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the pepper cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This high-fiber, low-fat dip is very easy to make. It can be assembled ahead of time and baked at the last minute. Serve it with your favorite chips or on pita bread.
—Larita Lang, Lincoln, Nebraska