Cheesy Baked Ziti
- Yield 5 to 7 servings
"I was tired of trying ziti recipes that didn't taste good, so I made up my own. My family loves it. My dad says it is his favorite."
- 12 ounces ziti pasta, cooked
- 12 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cooked
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Ricotta cheese mixture:
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, parsley flakes, ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Combine ricotta cheese mixture ingredients together in a bowl. Layer sauce, pasta, Italian sausage, ricotta cheese mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with bread sticks and salad.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Fresh herbs and fresh garlic are good in the dish when available.
Carrie Lee, Tahlequah, Okla