Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Yield 12 servings
Luscious, creamy, juicy, dreamy—here’s a dessert that turns decadent strawberry cheesecake inside out. With only 50 calories per stuffed berry, life doesn’t get much sweeter.
- 1/2 cup light tub-style cream cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons granulated no-calorie sweetener (or 4 packets)
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 drops almond extract
- 1/2 cup light whipped topping
- 12 large whole strawberries, about one pound
- 2 graham cracker squares, finely crushed
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, by hand or with an electric mixer, beat cream cheeses with the sweetener, lemon zest, and almond extract until smooth. Stir in the light whipped topping. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a 1/2-inch fluted tip; alternately, you can use a zip-top bag with a small hole cut in the bottom.
- With a sharp knife or apple corer, remove the stem and hull from the strawberries, creating a small cavity. Slice a 1/4-inch strip from the side of each strawberry (so it can sit on its side without rolling).
- Place the graham cracker crumbs on a small plate. Pipe 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling into and on top of each strawberry. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of crumbs over the filling. Place strawberries in the refrigerator until time to serve. Arrange the strawberries on a platter and garnish with mint leaves.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Eat More of What You Love © 2012 by Marlene Koch, Running Press, a member of the Perseus Book Group.