Mark Boughton Photography / styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2pound provolone cheese, diced
- 1/2cup chopped fresh sage
- 1cup breadcrumbs
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Sprinkle both sides of thighs with salt and pepper.
- Combine cheese, sage, breadcrumbs and lemon rind. Add eggs and stir well. Place a small mound (2 to 3 tablespoons) of breadcrumb mixture on each thigh. Roll up tightly to cover filling. Place on a sheet pan or baking dish, seam side down Roast 30 minutes.
- Combine olive oil and honey; mix well. Remove thighs from oven and brush with olive oil-honey mixture. Roast another 5 minutes, or until thighs are golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.