- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/4pound monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 fresh, hot chile pepper
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 lean ground beef
- 2teaspoons oil
- 8slices crusty bread
- 2tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shred the cheese, then seed and chop the chile pepper and combine with the cheese. Slice the tomato; set aside.
- Shape the beef into 8 thin patties. Put 1/4 of the cheese mixture in the center of 4 of the patties. Covers with remaining patties and pinch to seal.
- Toast the bread. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the hamburgers 6-8 minutes over medium heat (for medium rare). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place cooked hamburgers on the toast and top with tomato slices and another slice of toast.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 651