Cheese Rice Krispies
- Yield 5 dozen
Crisp rice cereal is combined with cheese and spices to make up these delicious little appetizers.
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) margarine, softened
- 8 to 10 ounces sharp cheese, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or self-rising flour
- dash ground red pepper
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Combine the margarine and cheese in a bowl; mix well. Add the flour and red pepper; mix well. Fold in the cereal. Shape the mixture into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F for 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Newnan Junior Service League’s Simply Southern(Newnan, Georgia, 2008).