Cheese Ravioli with Lamb Mushroom Ragu
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4large garlic cloves, minced
- 1pound wild mushrooms (cremini, shiitake or other), trimmed and chopped
- 8ounces ground lamb
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh cheese ravioli
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, optional
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and lamb; cook about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes, broth, thyme, salt, pepper and cinnamon. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Add pasta to mushroom and lamb mixture. Toss well and cook 2 minutes, until warm. If sauce is too thick, add a small amount of pasta water. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with cheese, if using.