Cheese and Hominy Grits Bake
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup cooked hominy grits
- 8ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4ounces green chilies, chopped
- 1/2cup milk
- 1/2cup dry breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper and minced garlic
- Cook grits according to package directions.
- Mix cooked grits, cheese, green chiles with salt, pepper and garlic in well-oiled 5-cup baking dish.
- Pour milk over top and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake in preheated 325F oven for about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
To serve leftovers next day: chill and slice into 1 inch slices. Saute in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and serve warm.