Cheese and Walnut Spread
- Yield 12 servings
A great make-ahead spread for pita bread or crispy flatbreads.
- 1/4 pound feta cheese
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade and process or puree until fairly smooth. You want mixture to be a little chunky and show some texture. Makes 3 cups.