Cheese and Trees Soup
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- 1tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1 1/3pounds (4 medium) potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1package (10-ounc) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In 2 to 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion; saute 5 minutes. Add potatoes, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are just tender, about 15 minutes. Remove 1 cup of potato cubes with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Pour contents of saucepan into container of electric blender. Holding lid down tightly, blend until smooth; return to saucepan.
- Mix in reserved potatoes and broccoli. Over medium-low heat, gradually add cheese, stirring until heated through and cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of the United States Potato Board
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 341
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 1022mg
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 18g