- 1pound ground sirloin
- 1pound ground chuck
- 1/2pound favorite smoked bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 1/4cup plus 1 tablespoon Weber® Gourmet Burger Spice Rub, divided
- 6 (2-inch) cubes of sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, buttered
- 6slices cheddar (optional)
- Favorite toppings and condiments
blog comments powered by
- Being careful not to overwork the meat, mix the sirloin, chuck and the cooked bacon. Add 1 tablespoon Weber® Gourmet Burger Spice Rub and mix until just combined.
- Portion the meat into 6 equal pieces and shape each patty around one cube of cheese and set aside. Meanwhile, put a 1⁄4 cup of Weber® Gourmet Burger Spice Rub on a shallow plate, and roll the rim of each burger in the rub until it is coated in a “stripe” of pepper. Note: If you are sensitive to salt, you may want to skip this step as it makes the burgers a tad salty.
- When ready to grill, place burgers on the cooking grate and grill until the meat is no longer pink (8 to 10 minutes), turning once halfway through grilling time. If using additional cheese, top each burger with cheese after you turn it. Meanwhile, grill the buttered buns over direct heat until lightly toasted, if desired.
- Serve immediately on the buttered rolls with a lettuce leaf and tomato if desired. Serve with favorite toppings and traditional condiments on the side.
Recipe by Elizabeth Karmel