Cheddar Olive Pops
- Yield 25 pieces
These cheese coated olives make delicious appetizers.
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Aged Cheddar Cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 25 large pimiento-stuffed green olives
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In large bowl, blend together cheese and butter with electric mixer. Add flour and paprika; mix well.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture around each olive, dipping hands in flour, if necessary, to prevent sticking. Arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board