Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (aka Red Lobster Biscuits)
- Yield 12 servings
Craving some Red Lobster biscuits? Here's a recipe -- with Cheddar cheese, garlic and chopped parsley -- to make at home.
- 2 green onions
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 6 ounces aged Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- To make the biscuits, place green onions in food processor, pulse until finely chopped. Add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Pulse until mixed. Add cold butter in small pieces. Pulse until mixture is size of coarse meal. Add cheese; pulse until mixed. Add milk and pulse until dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead a couple times. Pat into a 1-inch thick circle. With a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- To make the topping, combine melted butter, garlic and parsley. Brush over hot biscuits. Serve with tomato soup and thinly sliced Napa cabbage tossed with olive oil and sherry vinegar.