Charred Zucchini Salsa Verde
- Yield: 20 servings
This hot sauce is perfect for barbeques and ideal for topping your favorite tacos, bean burgers or sandwiches.
- Canola oil, to prepare the vegetables
- 2medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 4 tomatillos, paper skin removed and halved
- 4large jalapeños peppers, halved with seeds and pulp removed
- 2large poblano peppers, halved with seeds and pulp removed
- Zest and juice from 2 limes
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- Lightly spray zucchini, onion, tomatillos, jalapeños and poblanos with canola oil. Place over a hot grill for 5 to 7 minutes, flip and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until the vegetable skins begin to char and vegetables are cooked through.
- Place charred zucchini, onion, tomatillos, jalapeños, poblanos, lime juice and zest, salt and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Process until very smooth.
- Taste and add honey if desired. Best served at room temperature.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 14
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0,2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 242mg
- Potassium 126mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 1g