Charleston Coconut Pie
- Yield 12 servings
"This recipe came from the city of Charleston, S.C. Your guests are in for a treat and will think you spent a long time preparing this delicious pie."
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can flake coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat all ingredients together and pour into a 10-inch pie plate.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Though the filling seems unsettled, do not cook pie any longer. Refrigerate it, and it will settle without spoiling its creamy consistency.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Top with your favorite fruit or berries or garnish with a sprig of mint and twist of lemon.
Recipe by Evelyn F. Boone, Bowman, S.C.