Charcoal Grilled Shrimp
- Yield 30 appetizers servings
The perfect shrimp appetizer.
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or green onions (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dired
- -- Several dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place shrimp in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Drain shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Thread shrimp on skewers or place in a wire grill basket. Grill shrimp over hot coals, turning and brushing with reserved marinade, until pink and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Serve with wooden picks.