Charcoal Grilled Shrimp
- Yield 10 servings
Try this light and flavorful shrimp dish on its own or paired with rice or pasta.
- 2 pounds large shrimp in the shell
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or green onion (white part only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- Tabasco sauce
- 30 wooden skewers
- Place shrimp in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients (except skewers) and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Drain shrimp and reserve marinade. Thread on skewers or place in a wire grill basket. Grill shrimp over hot coals, turning and brushing with reserved marinade, until pink and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes
Recipe courtesy of The Shrimp Council