- Yield 16 servings
Great make-ahead beverage. Just mix everything except the champagne and rum and chill until ready to serve.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup strong black tea
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- Thinly sliced zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup light or dark rum
- 1 (750ml) bottle Champagne, chilled
- Orange slices for garnish
- sprig mint for garnish
- Dissolve the sugar in the tea in a pitcher. Add the orange juice, lemon zest, lemon juice and rum. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Pour rum mixture and Champagne over ice in a punch bowl at serving time.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices and mint sprigs.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, First Impressions, Dining with Distinction (the Junior League of Waterloo-Cedar Falls, Iowa, Inc., 2001).